Geotechnical engineers at Summit perform subsurface investigations and geotechnical evaluations for the transportation industry as well as for educational, governmental, institutional, commercial and industrial projects. We are committed to producing top quality engineering analysis that delivers value-added solutions for each and every project.
- Subsurface Investigations Laboratory Testing: AASHTO, CCRL and NCDOT Laboratory Inspections and Accreditations
- Conformance with NCDOT GEU Guidelines and Procedures Manual for Subsurface Investigations
- Foundation Analysis and Design Recommendations
- Settlement Rate/Magnitude Analysis, Embankment Settlement Monitoring Plans
- Earthwork and Site Preparation Recommendations
- Ground Improvement Methods: Geosynthetic Design, Lime/Cement Stabilization Design
- Slope Stability Analysis, Steepened Slope Design
- Earth Retaining Systems Design: Segmental Walls, Gravity Walls, Soil Nailed Systems, Shoring
- Conformance with AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specifications
- Conformance with NCDOT LRFD Driven Pile Foundation Design Policy
Summit's drill team maintains and operates four variably mounted drill rigs capable of responding to almost every client need imaginable. Each rig is equipped to deal with unique soil conditions and terrain, giving Summit the unmatched ability to obtain subsurface samples from almost anywhere… this side of the moon.